KINGSTON WATER DISTRICT
P.O. BOX 216 * WEST KINGSTON, RI
Directions using google maps.
Tel (401) 783 -5494 * Fax (401) 789-7004
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
|Click Here to
view our bylaws.
The Kingston Water District has
evolved from previously established organizations. Some of
the milestones in the evolution of the Kingston Water
- 1923 - The Kingston Fire District and the Bernon
LeMoine Water Company are incorporated.
- 1955 - The Kingston Fire
District purchases the Bernon LeMoine Water Company, and the water
company becomes a department of the Fire District.
- 1964 - The
Water Department abandons its pumping facility off Biscuit City Road
and develops its first well in the Chipuxet Aquifer. The Water
Department replaces an old wooden water tower with an elevated steel
water storage system.
- 1976 - The Water Department hires its
first full time employee and embarks on major infrastructure
consolidation and improvements.
- 1983 - The Water Department
develops a second well in the Chipuxet Aquifer.
- 1989 - the
Kingston Fire District determines that the water system has outgrown
both the Fire Districtís boundaries and its charter.
- 1990 - The
Rhode Island legislature authorizes the creation of the Kingston
Water District, expanding the service area and providing the Water
District with corporate powers; all subject to the approval of the
voters of the District.
- 1991 - The Kingston Fire District
transfers the assets of the Water Department to the Kingston Water
- 1992 - The Kingston Water District places in service a
second steel water tower.
- 1993 - The Kingston Water District,
with the approval of the Rhode Island legislature, expands the
service area to West Kingston.
- 1994 - The Kingston Water
District begins a search for a new wellsite.
- 1997 - The
Kingston Water District begins supplying water to consumers in West
||©2014 - 2018 KINGSTON WATER DISTRICT. All rights reserved.